Monday, December 21, 2009

Measurable Solutions Client Talks about His Practice Expansion

Q: How did it happen?
A: Implementing the new patient course which got the new patients coming in. And then using the executive courses on myself and some of my staff so that we could get everything in line so that I wouldn’t have to be treating full time because the problem was I was treating a full load of patients plus doing the administrative and the executive end, working 60 + hours a week. Now I am working maybe 25-30 hours a week seeing three times the amount of patients and able to a lot of the things that I wanted to do as far as recreation, travel and take vacation, take my kids to school, pick them up from school, attend their events at school, which is a fulltime job in itself ..!

Q: How was the transition?
A: Actually, as a result of my own actions I was probably -- the way that I look at it now is: I was hindering the practice more than I was helping by not doing what I was supposed to on the executive, on the CEO end. And when I had surgery, I had surgery on April 1st, and if you look at our statistics following April 1st after the surgery of the wrist I was forced to not treat patients. I was forced to do more of the administrative and CEO of the business and organizing and getting a new organizing board, organizing to get certain people into positions and when that happened, our statistics just went into straight affluence. It was, after being told over and over again by Marta and Rob and this is what you need to do and not implementing it 100% I was forced to implement it and things went just like they said it would and it went into straight affluence, so what I was able to step back and look at it it has carried over to now to 12 weeks and we’re continuing to show those gains and I am now completely not treating patients and just doing the administrative CEO end of it and doing the planning which has helped me free up a lot of my time and organizing and now we’re into the phase of getting all our staff hatted and trained so that I can step away completely.

-- S.R.